Three in hospital after suspected hit-and-run
BBCThree people have been taken to hospital after a suspected hit-and-run in Nottingham, police have said.
Nottinghamshire Police was called to Talbot Street in the city centre at 02:09 GMT on Thursday, where it was believed at least five pedestrians had been injured.
The force said a vehicle suspected to be involved had been traced and "investigations are continuing at pace".
Talbot Street, between Wollaton Street and Clarendon Street, is expected to remain shut for most of the day while an investigation continues.
It is believed the people involved were previously known to each other, police said.
The force added the three people taken to hospital were not believed to have life-threatening injuries.
Det Insp Lisa Jones said: "Detectives are working at pace and will be using all the investigative tools at our disposal.
"While we believe it to be an isolated incident with no wider risk to the public, there will be an increase in patrols in this area throughout today."
Anyone with information has been urged to contact police.
Follow BBC Nottingham on Facebook, on X, or on Instagram. Send your story ideas to eastmidsnews@bbc.co.uk or via WhatsApp on 0808 100 2210.
