Joshua v. Klitschko fight close to being confirmed
Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has said an agreement to host a fight between Vladimir Klitschko and Anthony Joshua is now “just a case of getting the sanctioning in order”.
Hearn said previously that a fight was close to being agreed.
Speaking to 5 live this morning, he said that a “deal between the fighters is there” and fans can expect an official announcement soon.
On Anthony Joshua’s inexperience relative to former world champion Klitschko, Hearn told us: “I don’t think it is the right fight for Joshua, but that’s what is exciting about it”.
“It’s the young superstar of the division versus the guy who has really dominated,” he added.
This clip is originally from 5 live Breakfast on Sunday 16 October 2016.
Duration:
This clip is from
Featured in...
![]()
Sport—5 Live In Short
The best of 5 live's sport coverage, insight and analysis
More clips from 5 Live In Short
![]()
Rachael Bland’s mum: ‘I got a memory pebble to remember her’
Duration: 00:41
![]()
How a football and a bin revolutionised lunchtimes
Duration: 00:54
![]()
‘I struggled to get my shoes on and get dressed’
Duration: 01:05






