英语大破解

中级

Why tears make humans unique 眼泪为什么让人类显得独特

Episode 260212 / 12 Feb 2026

本集内容

Why tears make humans unique

眼泪为什么让人类显得独特

文字稿

We cry when we're sad, overwhelmed, angry, or even happy.

在感到悲伤、不知所措、生气、甚至开心时,我们都会哭泣。

But did you know humans are the only species known to shed tears of emotion?

但你知道吗,人类是目前已知唯一一个会因感情激动而流泪的物种。

While other animals do cry out loud to signal distress, they don't seem to have the brain pathways to trigger tears in response to complex emotions.

虽然其它动物也会通过大声哭叫来传递危险的信号,但它们似乎并不具备能响应复杂情感并触发眼泪的脑部神经通路。

Scientists still don't fully know why the human tear evolved.

科学家们至今仍未完全弄清为什么人类进化出了流泪这种行为。

When we hear a baby cry, it can activate a network of brain areas in us that set off a caregiving response.

当我们听到一个婴儿啼哭的时候,哭声会激活我们脑部的一个神经网络,进而激发出照料和看护的行为反应。

But it seems that crying isn't just important for children.

但哭泣可能并不只是对儿童十分重要。

In one lab study, men who sniffed women's tears were less aggressive in tests than those who sniffed saline solution.

在一项实验室研究中,闻了女性眼泪的男性比闻了生理盐水的男性在试验中表现出的攻击性更低。

And sometimes, we might just feel better after a good cry.

而且,有时大哭一场之后,我们确实会感觉舒服一些。

Early results from studies using heart-rate monitors suggest crying might actually help to calm the body in certain contexts.

一些使用了心率监测仪进行的初步研究结果显示,哭泣实际上可能有助于在一些情况下舒缓身体压力。

Before we cry, the nervous system seems to be in a 'fight or flight' state.

在我们开始哭泣之前,神经系统可能处于一种 “战斗或逃跑” 的应激状态。

As soon as we start crying, activity might shift toward the part of the nervous system linked to rest and recovery.

而一旦我们开始哭泣,神经系统的活动就会发生变化,开始转向与休息和恢复相关的区域。

重点词汇或表达

overwhelmed  不知所措的,难以承受的

distress  危险,险情

sniff  闻,嗅

heart-rate monitor  心率监测仪

fight or flight  战斗或逃跑,一种自我保护的生理反应

最新 英语大破解

Trending Now